Amy has a whole series of blog entries under the "You were not the same after that" category. If I were organized enough to have categories this post would be under a similar heading.
Anyway, I hated wearing jeans as a kid. They were always too restricting, too tight in the legs, too baggy in the waist. So I would wear anything other than jeans: shorts, sweats, pants made out of plasticy vinyl with lots of zippers, you get the idea.
One day in 7th grade I was rocking a pair of black sweat pants when Kelly Krausman asked "Are those stretch pants?" I quickly answered "No, they're (right here is when it hit me) sweats." Kelly probably wasn't even being mean. These sweats were so tight they might have just as well been stretch pants. All they were missing was the stirrup on the bottom and my socks were sticking out above my hiking boots just enough to... damn it. The wolf shirt probably wasn't helping the cause either. The rest of the day I spent hiding behind a desk, feeling like Adam when he first realized he was naked.
Too bad I didn't figure this out in 6th grade, the year before moving to a new school. It probably would have made the transition a little smoother (read: saved a lot of bruises.) But some guys never figure it out, so I guess I'm lucky. Thanks, Kelly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is totally my favorite story about you! Maybe because in my world you were the coolest human being alive, or maybe because I was the little sister you picked on. Either way, heheheheheeeeeeee! That is rich. :)
ReplyDeleteThis made me laugh...I think I remember that outfit.
ReplyDeleteToo bad Mom couldn't help. I still like black sweats. Some things you just have to learn the hard way, I guess. :-)
ReplyDeleteReady for some new posts now, Dan. CMON.
ReplyDeleteI agree Dan! Keep writing. I need more of this.
ReplyDelete