Monday, June 15, 2009

Summertime

What a great weekend! Friday morning I was out on the lake wakeboarding. Last week's concussion apparently helped my riding and I pulled off a new trick I hadn't tried before. On Friday night Amy and I went on a date to Hessen Haus for some German food and drink, followed by a movie (awww, dinner and a movie... awwww). Thanks Mom for the babysitting!

Saturday we enjoyed a little bit of Polk City garage sailing, the farmers market, and an afternoon of family boating. Steve and I wakeboarded while my mom gasped in horror at every crash. Amy helped me bottle my beer, and if the sample I snuck were any indication, this beer is going to be perfect!

Sunday we moved a piano, which on the surface doesn't sound like part of a great weekend, but we cleared space for Hannah's playroom and the piano is going to a more deserving home (thanks, Lianna and Shawn.) We grilled, sat on the deck, and started planning for our trip up to the MN cabin this coming weekend. Hannah sang along with a song for the first time which had us rolling laughing. I washed the cars, ran a 5k a little bit faster than last time, and we topped it off with monster cookie ice cream. It's not always rainbows and unicorns, but sometimes it is.

4 comments:

  1. It was an awesome weekend! I was very spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah sang?! And I missed it? what was the song? Thanks for including me in the magic weekend! Your boat really rocks (heehee)! I don't want to see you doing any more of those dangerous stunts on the wakeboard anymore - just ride it straight with no jumping, etc. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought I'd be on a boat! But thanks for inviting me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your boat needs rod holders...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.